Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Note From Leslie

Dear Knitters,
Last month, I announced that the Coralville Crazy Girl Yarn Shop was for sale. As you can imagine, this was a difficult decision for me. But times have been tough, and buying yarn, I know, has not been the biggest priority on anyone’s shopping list. Meanwhile, like everyone else, I’ve been dealing with increasing expenditures, including yarn, utilities, and rent for my beautiful locations.
I agonized over this decision, losing sleep and gaining more than a few gray hairs. I talked to some interested buyers, but the reality of not owning the shop quickly became a very bitter pill to swallow. Many of you came in or called, asking what the future held for Crazy Girl. I want you to know, your overtures were not lost on me. So I’ve decided, for the time being, to take Crazy Girl - Coralville off the market. The thought of no longer having the shop--along with my excellent staff--just didn’t seem like the right decision. I don’t know what the future holds. We all hope the economy will continue to improve, that money is freed up for fun items, like knitting, like home improvements, like a nice dinner out with friends. I can’t promise any of that, but for the time being, Crazy Girl is here for you, with new yarns and familiar smiling faces, happy to help you find the perfect project. I know we are here because of your support and patronage, so I wanted to conclude by saying THANK YOU for riding the storm with us. Please stop in when you can; we can’t wait to see you!
Leslie