Monday, August 10, 2009

It's All in the Details...

If I had a nickle for everyone who came into one of my shops and said "I just want to knit something basic, something I can whip out". We all have the occasion for the quick baby blanket or the "gotta have it done by Christmas" hat. I do lots of those kind of projects and I've learned over the years that if you just take that one extra little step and put a cool embellishment on it, it goes from ordinary to extroardinary, in just a few minutes. Take this hat I just did this week in Fixation by Cascade. It's easily knit in two nights. Then an extra hour or two to add the embellishment, and now look at it! The flower is just a 3-stitch I-cord I knit during "Knit and Wine" (means it's easy!), and tacked on with needle and thread. So next time you need to whip out a project, why not add some I-cord, or a tassle or two, maybe a quick flower or braids, something or anything to make it uniquely yours. It's fun, it's quick and we will teach you how if you need help! Here's some more examples where embellishments add a little zip...